Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bi-Lo Bargain Meal of the Week - Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken


Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken




What You'll Need:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs Chicken Leg Quarters
Southern Home Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters - 89¢/lb

1 bottle Barbecue Sauce 
Kraft Barbecue Sauce - 99¢
USE 55¢ OFF from Kraft Food & Family Booklet
MAKES IT FREE

1 sliced Green Pepper
Green Peppers - 89¢ each

1 can Crushed Pineapple
Libby's Pineapple - $1

This is about as easy as it gets!  First, spray down your slow cooker with Pam -trust me, it will make clean-up much cleaner!  Then add your chicken, barbecue sauce, and juice from the pineapple and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  During the last hour or two of cooking, add pineapple and green pepper.  Serve over rice.  

Totally optional - but I always take the skin off of the chicken before making this recipe (it's just a little to greasy for my taste if I leave it on).


EASY SIDE
BirdsEye Steamfresh Veggies BOGO @ $2.79 ($1.39)
USE 35¢ OFF printable
MAKES IT 69¢!

I served this with brocolli last time I made it, and the sauce is super good on top!  

No comments:

Post a Comment