Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Guest Post - Make Money On Your Prescriptions!

When I first learned about playing the prescription game, I was dumbfounded!  While it's important to keep track of all of your prescriptions carefully - as long as you stay organized, you can MAKE MONEY!....Making money on your prescriptions?  HOW?!  I'm lucky enough to have a great friend show me the ropes - and she wrote up this great post to tell you more about it!  




Get paid for your prescriptions!

How?
By taking advantage of drugstore Rx transfer coupons each month.
Some folks call this the prescription transfer game but it’s a serious business!
I have two Rx’s that have to be filled every month and there are three pharmacies that I routinely transfer them between.  I typically use CVS, Rite-aid, and Target.  Usually these stores offer $10 or $25 gift cards to transfer your prescription to their pharmacy.  I can earn up to $50 in FREE gift cards each month!  Then I use those gift cards to purchase toiletries and household items for my family and my local food bank.  Even better, I take advantage of CVS’s Extra Care Bucks and Rite-Aid’s Single Check Rebate systems to earn money and make my gift cards last even longer!  

Less frequently found are the coupons for new prescriptions.  Every once in a while Harris Teeter offers a $20 store credit for each new or transferred Rx that you bring in - for up to SIX prescriptions!  That amounts to $120 in FREE groceries!  I have also seen Bi-Lo offer incentives similar to this in the past.  Check with your local grocery store to see if they offer anything.  I don’t know about you but, I LOVE the opportunity for free groceries!


Thanks for the awesome post, DJ! 

 DJ is a coupon rock star and you can find her over at Groceries4Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment