Monday, March 8, 2010

GREAT Deals at Rite Aid - and When A Shopping Trip Goes Wrong....

Look what I got!

1 Can Maxwell House Coffee
1 Cover Girl TruBlend Foundation
1 Cover Girl MicroMinerals Powder
1 Cover Girl MicroMinerals Blush
1 Cover Girl Wet Slicks Lip Gloss
12 Starburst Candies
3 Pampers Jumbo Packs
1 Pampers Wipes
4 ReNu Travel Kits & 1 Gallon of Milk (Not pictured -
 Honestly I had already put them away and completely forgot about them till now!)


Total OOP:  $27.06
Total Savings:  $68.08
AND
I'll get a $10 Gift Card Back from Rite Aid meaning my total cost is $17.06!
SAVINGS OVERALL:  82%!


I was disappointed yesterday when I went to do my transactions, because I had looked high and low for my second Cover Girl BOGO coupon and it was nowhere to be found.  But I went ahead and did my diapers transaction and my other transaction with the CoverGirl makeup, Starburst, and the milk.  Awesome deals!  THEN...After I came home, I found my Cover Girl coupon at the bottom of my purse - YAY!  Right?

Well, when I went back to do another transaction with 2 Cover Girl products (that should both be FREE after coupon) and the coffee - the cashier wouldn't accept my BOGO coupon.  (The same cashier who had accepted all of my coupons earlier...??)  She kept telling me that I didn't understand - "You are already getting one free, you can't get both free!"  Even after I tried to explain to her that according to Rite Aid's Coupon Policy I could use a BOGO coupon on BOGO products, she still refused.  She said she had "let it slide" earlier - but it just wouldn't be fair for me to get both the blush and the lip gloss free.
I was super frustrated.  Not only because she didn't understand the coupon policy - but because she had already completed this same transaction earlier in the day!  I was also annoyed because I knew I'd have to make another trip (but quite frankly, FREE make-up and coffee were worth it).

So, this morning I printed out the Rite Aid Coupon Policy and headed back up the street.  No problems - easy as pie!  I was rung up quickly, and my coupons never questioned.  I even explained to the Store Manager about yesterday's issues and she told me she already knew about it (the cashier had called her at home to ask about it) and she had addressed the issue and explained the coupon policy to her!  I did make a point to tell the Store Manager that the cashier yesterday was very polite, and was never rude - I was not out to get anyone in trouble!  She was nice, even if it was frustrating that she wouldn't accept my coupon!

Basically guys, my point is this.  These kinds of problems happen all the time.  Drugstores, Target, and even on a rare occasion - they happen at Publix.  Your best bet is to:

#1 - Be polite.  There is no sense in being rude.  Someone will eventually address the issue, even if you have to take it to a corporate level.  Some cashiers have a bad taste in their mouth for couponers and there's always a fear of fraudulent coupons.  There isn't much we can do for this, other than let corporate know that we aren't being treated kindly - and reminding others what coupon fraud is and why it's wrong!  

#2 - Educate yourself!  Know your store's coupon policies.  This will hopefully prevent issues to begin with, but it will definitely help when you escalate the problem to get it resolved.  If your store doesn't consider CVS coupons a competitor - know that ahead of time!  

#3 - If you can, arm yourself!  Take the coupon policy into the store with you.  Many times the cashier or even manager aren't actually familiar with their own policy.  I never go to Target without it - and now, I'll never go to Rite Aid without it either!  I will say Target is getting much, much more coupon friendly!  

#4 - Last but not least!  It's not the end of the world if, even after you've shown them the policy - they still refuse your deal.  Be polite, request your coupons back and be sure to get the phone number to the corporate   headquarters (even though these are available online).  At the very least, the deal will probably come back around again.  Try another location - or even another store that is more coupon friendly!

3 comments:

  1. I went this morning. I had 3 separate transactions. But i will list them here as a whole.
    1 Gillette Fusion power razor....Free
    1 Gillette fusion razors 4pk
    1 Gillette shave gel....Free
    4 starburst...Free
    1 crest tooth paste
    4 covergirl ....Free
    1 ruler
    2 pampers
    Total OOP: 26.07
    Total Saved:48.38
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea I could use a bogo coupon on a bogo deal and get both for free.. man... I feel so bummed now :( I don't have those coupons anymore! I haven't been able to get the hang of the deals at Rite Aid yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about All Rite Aids, but ours currently has great clearance prices on Hair Care products. I got John Frieda Shampoo for $0.49 each, Head & Shoulders $1.99 each and Nice & Easy Hair Color $1.50 all with MF coupons. I noted that I forgot my $3 of $15, and they told me bring my coupon & receipt back and they will give me the $3. Super!

    ReplyDelete